Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When Pigs Fly - May 2

When I sat down last week to write this I don't think many of us had heard of Swine Flu. A week later (less than) we are totally absorbed in Swine Flu. They cancelled visits this weekend. (If anyone tried, I hope they called first.) From what I understand, they cancelled almost everything. I don't even know if we'll be working this week. Two of the maintenance bosses called in sick last week because they had flu-like symptoms. I hope this "pandemic" ends quickly as my parents are planning to travel to visit me and the kids for their birthday May 17. We'll see.

I finished "Death in Vienna" by Daniel Silva. I guess I would rate it a 6 on a scale of 1-10. He has had better! Then I started a book by Lee Child called "Bad Luck and Trouble." I like the Jack Reacher character. However, I can't read them back to back, but it is nice to read one every once in a while for a change of pace.

I understand the kids took the TAKS test last week. Hopefully everyone passed. Just think--only four more weeks of school left. Where did the year go?

My sincerest wishes for a Happy Mother's Day to all! Have a great day!

Tom






No comments:

Post a Comment