Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Message of the Week - April 25


It is the last week of the month--I can't believe how fast the time is going. I think we may have had our last cool front--It seems everytime I see the news/weather it will be hot and humid for the next seven days. Oh, to have air conditioning again. At least the maintenance office has air conditioning and a fan.

My parents are planning to visit sometime in May. Along with paying me a visit they will spend some time visiting Maxwell, Matthew and Maddie. Matthew and Maddie will be turning 10 on May 17. I wonder what they will be doing for their birthday.

I finished two books this week. Silent Witness by Richard North Patterson was the first book with his character Tony Lord. The storyline showed how he and Stacy Tarrant got together. The other book I finished was The Woods by Harlan Coben. It too was very good. It wasn't the usual Myron Bolitar novel. However the main character, Cope, was a good read.

Tonight I started a new Daniel Silva book called Death in Vienna. It has his usual character Gabriel Allen, and so far it is taking place in Vienna.

I saw a recipe for a Straberry Crumb Cake in the April Food & Wine magazine. It looked real good. I wrote the recipe down in my journal so if anyone wants it let me know!
editorial note: it might be this recipe: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/warm-strawberry-crumb-cake

That's all for this week. Please pass the address around as I look forward to receiving any kind of mail.

Thanks all!

Tom

1 comment:

  1. its getting mighty warm around these parts here as well... i don't know if you remember the upper valley but that's where i live. we irrigate every other week the mosquitoes are already terrible.
    **amusing story to follow**
    Mom (Donna) had this obsession with these mosquito repellent incense things last year only to be found at the dollar store. So last august she had purchased all 3 west side dollar stores out of them, and one day on one of our occasional rides together we passed a DS (now short for dollar store) we had no idea existed. we both decided to stop in.... there sat the mosquito coil arsenal to end all. we immediately grabbed the entire stash made it to the register totaling over 28 bones i paid with a 50 and some how got back 48 in change. so there we have it last years stock will hopefully help out.
    till the next time
    RG

    ReplyDelete